Jun 30, 2012

Spring Reading Thing 2012: Wrap-up

It was thanks to Callapidder Days seasonal event: Spring Reading Thing 2012 that my hibernating blog woke up on March 31, 2012. I had participated in this event first in 2010 but it was a complete failure. However, this spring was full of joyful reads for me.

My intention was to read 12 books in total and I listed 7 of those books in my participation post.

I am really proud of myself this time as I managed to READ 15 BOOKS from March 20 to June 20. It's a personal record for me. I read 5 out of 7 books I decided to read on March 31 but I also read 10 other books. What makes me even more proud about myself I reviewed each and every book I read for Spring Reading Thing 2012. Here comes the list of what I read this spring:
  1. Crooked House by Agatha Christie
  2. Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
  3. Ambrosia Laneti by Mustafa Resul Yalçınkaya (This review is in Turkish)
  4. The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett
  5. The Hedge Knight by George R.R. Martin
  6. The Swarm by Frank Schätzing
  7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  8. The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco
  9. Earth Is Room Enough by Isaac Asimov
  10. Starters by Lissa Price
  11. The Evening News by Arthur Hailey
  12. Big Fish by Daniel Wallace
  13. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  14. Carmilla by Josephine Sheridan Le Fanu
  15. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
MY SPRING READING THING 2012 STATS:
  • 15 books from 15 different authors from 8 different countries
  • 5,169 pages in total (56 pages/day)
  • 8 different genres (7 sci-fi, 2 fantasy, 1 detective, 1 graphic novel, 1 historical fiction, 1 thriller, ı humour, 1 horror)
  • Total money spent for the books: 67 USD
HOPEFULLY SEE YOU ALL IN FALL INTO READING 2012!

No comments :

Post a Comment