May 6, 2012

The Hedge Knight (Gezgin Şövalye)

Original Title: The Hedge Knight (Graphic Novel)
Turkish Title: Gezgin Şövalye (Çizgi Roman)
English Title: The Hedge Knight (Graphic Novel)
Author: George R.R. Martin
Pages: 172
My Rating: 4/5

WHY THIS BOOK?
Lately, I've been thinking about whether I should start reading "The Game of Thrones" series by George R.R. Martin. Before I properly make up my mind, I decided to read another novel by this author. I randomly ordered this book online and only after I received it, I saw that it was a graphic novel (I thought I had ordered a novella). It was a nice surprise and I immediately read it. It is the first graphic novel I have ever read in my life.

THE STORY:
The events take place in the Song of Fire and Ice series of the author (I learned this from other bloggers' reviews). It is about Duncan the Tall, who is trying to make a name for himself as a knight and his new squire, Egg, who does not listen well, talks a little and has something unsaid about himself.

MY COMMENTS:
It was an interesting read for me as I liked both the pictures and the novel. Now I need to read the sequel to this one. I liked the characters and the setting. I am not really sure what one should expect from a graphic novel but it fulfilled what I expected for. I especially liked the pictures of dramatic moments of the story.

CHALLENGE RELEVANCE:
It was my first book of George R.R. Martin so I can include it New Author Challenge.
I read it in spring so I can add it to my list of Spring Reading Thing 2012.
I managed to read it in one day so I can count it for Semi-Charmed Summer 2012 Book Challenge BUT the challenge required a book of at least 150 pages to get 15 points. What I read was a graphic novel of 172 pages so I think I deserve only 5 points instead of 15 :)

No comments :

Post a Comment