Jan 6, 2013

2013 Science Fiction Reader Challenge

When I discovered the website of Working for the Mandroid and the challenge they were hosting last year, I was amazed. I immediately joined the challenge and I managed to read 12 sci-fi books before the year end. As I like reading sci-fi and the challenge was asking partcipants to read from different subgenres of sci-fi, I ended up discovering gorgeous authors and sci-fi classics. This year Working for the Mandroid is hosting 2013 Science Fiction Reader Challenge and it is a little bit harder and more fun this year.

This is my favourite challenge of all times. I don't know what I like most about this year's version: Discovering the new subgenres or going through my shelves to see if I had books matching with all genres or the fun I will have when I'm reading them.

You can find the rules of the challenge here and the books I have chosen for this year are as follows:

1. YA/MG Science Fiction: Predator's Gold / Philip Reeve
2. Adult Science Fiction: Brave New World / Aldous Huxley
3. Hugo Winner: The Windup Girl / Paolo Bacigalupi
4. Sci-Fi Classics (Pre 1950s): We / Yevgeny Zamyatin
5. Sci-Fi Modern Classics: The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress / Robert A. Heinlein
6. Steampunk: Un Lun Lun / China Miéville
7. Robots / Cyborgs / Androids: Robopocalypse / Daniel H. Wilson
8. Spaceships: The Centauri Device / John Harrison
9. Aliens: Contact / Carl Sagan
10. Time Travel: The Forever War / Joe Haldeman
11. Alternate History / Parallel Universe: The Gods Themselves / Isaac Asimov
12. Post-Apocalypse / End of World: Never Let Me Go / Kazuo Ishiguro
13. Dystopia / Utopia: The Dispossessed / Ursula K. Le Guin
14. Cyberpunk: Dune / Frank Herbert
15. Mad Scientist: The Year of the Flood / Margaret Atwood
16. Military Sci-Fi: Old Man's War / John Scalzi

If you love sci-fi, you must join this challenge :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment