May 1, 2012

Top Ten Books I’d Like to See Made Into a Movie

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they choose a new top ten list. This week's list is about "Top Ten Books I’d Like to See Made Into a Movie". Here is my list:
1. Neverwhere: This urban fantasy book of Neil Gaiman is one of my all time favorite books. It was actually made into a mini series by BBC in 1996. Still, I think it deserves a movie. I have read that a script has already been written for a movie version but IMDB lists it as "in-development".

2. The Book ThiefAfter I read half of this book, I started thinking about what a great movie it would be. It would be a pretty good challenge to personalize the character "Death" and it would be a sad movie. 

3. The Cellist of SarajevoThis one would also be a sad war movie but Galloway was pretty successful in describing the main characters so the director would need to concentrate on the setting.

4. The Eye of the WorldIt is the first book of "The Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan. In 2008 Universal Pictures had optioned the rights to produce feature film adaptations of the books of this serie. Nothing has come out since then. We are still waiting.

5. Half of a Yellow SunThis is one of the few books I read last year and really loved. I guess the movie version would be again a bit sad and also informative about the history of Nigeria. (By the way I have listed only half of the books till now and 3 of the books turned out to be about wars. I like war movies so I'm a bit biased when choosing the books).

6. The Dream of the CeltThe Turkish translation of this book has come out way before the English translation. It is the first book I read from Mario Vargas Llosa and I really enjoyed reading it. This historical movie adaptation would be about the life of first Anglo-Irish diplomat, then, Irish nationalist of Sir Roger Casement. It'd again be a pretty informative movie, this time about the history of Ireland.

7. Summer and the CitySex and the City will always remain as one of my all time favorite TV series (I have seen the whole series twice). I also liked the movie versions of Sex and the City. I think it'd also be nice to watch the story of 17-year-old Carrie Bradshaw and how she came to the City.

8. The Elephant's JourneyThis book is one of the last books of the great Portuguese author José Saragago. It is actually about the journey of an elephant from Lisbon to Vienna. It was a fun read for me so I think the movie version would also be fun for everyone else.

9. The Iron KingAlthough I still haven't read the other books of The Iron Fey series, I did enjoy all of the settings described by Julie Kagawa so much that I think the first book deserves a movie.

10. Ambrosia LanetiThis is a sci-fi book by a Turkish author. It is the author's first book and I liked it. It is not easy to find well-written sci-fi books by Turkish authors. It is not easy to find well-directed movies by Turkish directors. I think this one would turn out to be a good movie if it is picked by the correct director.

No comments :

Post a Comment