May 22, 2012

Summer Reading Challenge 2012

Each time I see a new challenge that fits my reading goals, I get excited. My husband says there appears a big smile on my face as if each one is the first reading challenge I have come across in my life.

I didn't think for even a secind when I stumbled upon Summer Reading Challenge 2012 hosted by Reading Writers. The challenge runs from May 28, 2012 to August 31, 2012. The goal is to read at least 8 titles that you have never read before (or 10 titles for a bonus).

Here are the categories and what I'll intend to read:

1. A book in an unfamiliar genre [Read outside your comfort zone!]
For another challenge, a coworker will decide on a book for me to read. We decided that it should be out of my comfort zone. I do not know what she will pick for me so I'll let you know later on.

2. A book that is part of a series
I recently finished off Divergent and the second book in the series, Insurgent is waiting for me on my kindle. I'm sure I'll read it before the end of summer.

3. A book that your friend or wider society has been raving about!
Most of the time I read what my wider society would not even care about. To fulfill this title, I'll pay a bit more attention to what my friends have been reading recently.

4. A book that ‘could’ [This category is open to your interpretation*]
A book that could make me as happy as once "Neverwhere" made. It can be nothing else but another book by Neil Gaiman so I'll read The Graveyard Book by him.

5. A book from the Modern Library's 100 Best Novels List.
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

6. A book that reminds you of your childhood.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.

7. A banned or contested book, OR a book that lied to us.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

8. A book you judged by the cover. [For whatever reason, the cover attracted you.]
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

9.  Bonus: A blog turned book [OR a book turned blockbuster movie]
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

10. Bonus: Free choice!
Well, who knows what I'll read?!?

No comments :

Post a Comment