Sep 11, 2012

Insurgent


Original Title: Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
English Title: Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
Turkish Title: Not available yet
Author: Veronica Roth
Pages: 544
My Rating: 4/5

WHY THIS BOOK?
Easy. Just because I loved the first book of the series, Divergent so much.

THE STORY:
Goodreads summarized it much better than I can ever do.

MY COMMENTS:
I tried hard to control myself so as not to start this time too soon. I liked Divergent so much and I knew the third book wouldn’t be around right away so I tried to keep myself as busy as possible with all those other gorgeous books in my TBR pile.

I was a bit skeptical at first. What if I didn’t like it? What if it wasn’t as good as the first book of the series? Then, I couldn’t wait any longer and let myself get lost in this uniquely described dystopian setting. I read the book on my kindle and I was surprised to find out it was over 500 pages. I mean the book was so well paced.

There was love, action, romance, violence all served at once. The progress of character development was also worth mentioning about. We had the chance to know more about Tris and Four. We learned why they acted that way towards themselves, towards each other and towards life. The setting was still not 100% presented to the reader, which makes me more curious about the third book and the grand finale of this awesome trilogy. I wonder how far Veronica will make the characters go!

1 comment :

  1. I wasn't that big of a fan of Divergent, but Insurgent rocked my world. I loved the ending and it surprised me while feeling like it was the inevitable ending.

    ReplyDelete